The State FFA Agriculture Issues Event is patterned after the National Agriculture Issues event and is designed to expose a wide variety of students to the selection, research, planning and presentation of an agricultural issue.
- Students acquire knowledge and skills in community leadership for present and future use.
- To become knowledgeable of, and familiar with a variety of local, state, national and international issues facing agriculture.
- To understand the principles and fundamentals of agricultural issue analysis.
- To further the awareness of agricultural issues in the local community.
- To promote integration of agriculture issue analysis in local school academic subject matter areas.
- To promote career choices by providing an opportunity for individuals to become acquainted with professionals in the industry.
- To foster teamwork, leadership and communication skills.