Extemporaneous Public Speaking
The Extemporaneous Public Speaking Event is designed to develop leadership skills, motivation, and participation for all FFA members. The members will express themselves on a given subject without having prepared or rehearsed its content in advance. Preliminary contests are local, district, sectional, state, with culmination in the national event at the National FFA Convention.
Participants in this career development event will become proficient in the following areas:
- Develop specific knowledge about a particular and concerning agricultural topic
- Articulate thoughts and ideas pertaining to agriculture for public understanding
- Develop public speaking skills for crowds of various sizes
- Effectively respond to inquiries about that particular agricultural topic
- Sharpen abilities to give impromptu and unrehearsed speeches