Sophomore Public Speaking
This event is designed to develop leadership abilities by providing participation in agricultural public speaking activities and stimulating interest in leadership and citizenship. Preliminary contests are of a local, district, and sectional character and are held under the auspices of the FFA unit concerned. These preliminary events culminate in the state CDE held at the time of the FFA State Convention.
Participants in this career development event will become proficient in the following areas:
- Develop specific knowledge about a particular and concerning agricultural topic
- Learn how to effectively research for credible sources and information
- Articulate thoughts and ideas pertaining to agriculture for public understanding
- Develop public speaking skills for crowds of various sizes
- Effectively respond to inquiries about that particular agricultural topic