“Future Farmers of America” was founded by a group of young farmers at the National level in 1928. Their mission was to prepare future generations for the challenges of feeding a growing population. They taught us that agriculture is more than planting and harvesting – it’s a science, it’s a business, and it’s an art.
Oregon FFA was founded in 1929 and today continues to help the next generation rise up to meet these challenges by helping its members to develop their own unique talents and explore their interests in a broad range of career pathways. The Oregon FFA is a three-legged organization encompassing the Association, Foundation, and Alumni that work together to allow Oregon FFA members to thrive, succeed, and be educated in the agriculture industry.
In 1988, the official name of the organization was changed from “Future Farmers of America” to “FFA” to reflect the growing diversity of agriculture. Today we are still the Future Farmers of America, but we are the Future Biologists, Future Chemists, Future Veterinarians, Future Engineers, and Future Entrepreneurs of America too.
Career development events
The Oregon FFA Association works closely with Oregon agriculture teachers to ensure that our members are achieving career success. Through our various programs and events, members have multiple opportunities to learn and apply leadership, life, and career skills. Whether that opportunity is showing livestock, creating a marketing plan, or identifying crops; there is constant growth in our member’s knowledge and experience within the agriculture industry.
The Oregon FFA Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit whose primary purpose is to fund the Oregon FFA Association. The Foundation was formed in 1972, however it was not professionally staffed until 2011. Today, the Foundation continues its mission; to coordinate sustainable long-term funding for agriculture education and Oregon FFA. The Foundation provides opportunity for companies, organizations, and individuals to provide financial resources and support to the Oregon FFA and agriculture education.
The Oregon FFA Alumni and Supporters is our volunteer base of past members, parents, and other supporters. Alumni and supporters can often be found filling volunteer needs such as judging events, setting up or taking down events, coordinating needs, and provide scholarship support to FFA members and the Foundation.
Get Involved Today!
The many statewide events and opportunities we provide our 14,000 members would not be possible without our generous donors and volunteers. Sign up to volunteer or donate today!
Oregon FFA is committed to:
- Developing competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increasing awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthening the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promoting the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encouraging achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encouraging wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Developing interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Building character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promoting cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Encouraging excellence in scholarship