Each year the Oregon FFA Alumni & Supporters delegate body at our Annual Meeting held during the Oregon FFA State Convention elects council members to help guide the support that we can offer to our affiliates across Oregon. To allow our delegates and alumni members across Oregon the opportunity to learn a bit more about those individuals interested in a council position, we have added this application to our election process.
- Those interested will review application packet and fill out an application. Electronic packet includes:
- Council Position Information & Time Commitments
- Applications will be due back to the Alumni and Supporters by January 15th 2019.
- Completed applications will be reviewed and sent out to all Alumni and Supporters chapters so they can be informed on who is running for the positions.
- At the annual meeting all candidates will be given the opportunity to give a short 2 to 3 minute speech before the election.
- A prepared ballot for each position will be used for voting by the delegates.
- No nominations will be taken from the floor.
Elected council positions are Past-President, President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter, and six regional Vice-Presidents. The regional Vice-Presidents are strategically placed annually. All council members serve a two year term. Council positions rotate every other year as follows:
- Treasurer, Reporter and 3 VPs on even years (2020, 2022, 2024, etc.)
- Secretary, 3 VPs and the President Elect on odd years (2019, 2021, 2023, etc.
- (President-Elect candidates must be current council member with minimum two years of service.)
Council Members are expected at all times to conduct themselves in a professional business-like manner and dress in appropriate attire for all recognized activities of the OR FFA Alumni. Appropriate attire is business casual. Wearing official FFA logo and gear is highly encouraged, especially when going on stage at prestigious events. All council members should wear official name badge at all recognized FFA activities.